July 8, 2014

More CSS Codes to Improve Your Blogger Blog

 
Last year I did a post on basic blogger css codes to improve your blogger blog, and I got an overwhelmingly huge reply. It is my most popular post and continues to get feedback every week. Thank you so much! I decided to share a handful of other CSS codes for Blogger that I have found helpful in customizing my blog.

To apply a code to your blog, just go to "Customize Template > Advanced > Add CSS" then add the code into the box and save it.


TO REMOVE THE SPACE ABOVE HEADER (after removing navbar)

.content-inner
{
margin-top: -40px !important;
}

___________________________________

TO REMOVE "SHOWING POSTS WITH LABEL" MESSAGE

.status-msg-wrap {
display: none !important;
}

___________________________________

TO MAKE ALL IMAGES THE SAME SIZE
*this will make ALL images in posts and on pages the same size

.post-body img {
width: 400px;
height: auto;
}

.post table.tr-caption-container img {
width: 400px;
height: auto;
}

___________________________________

TO SEPARATE WIDGETS WITH SOLID LINE

.sidebar .widget {
border-bottom: 2px solid #F2F2F2;
margin:0 0 1.5em;
padding:0 0 1.5em;
}

___________________________________

HIGHLIGHT WIDGET TITLES

h2 {
background:#000000;



I hope that you found this very helpful!
Have a wonderful day.
xo Rachelle

17 comments:

  1. Thankyou for sharing this! It's been really helpful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rachel!

    Washed-water.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was super helpful, THANK you!
    Just found found your blog earlier and I love it. :)

    - J
    aesthetetheblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these css codes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was SO helpful so thanks for sharing this!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! These codes are so useful!

    xxo.
    LILOTTA

    ReplyDelete
  7. you posts on css code have been really helpful ,i keep coming back to read them , thanks for sharing this. I have joined your blog on GFC i hope you can join mine too . Thanks

    StyleandBeautyLounge


    ReplyDelete
  8. I found your first article so helpful and am so grateful that you were generous to blog it up here for us to use. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rachelle! Thanks for these useful snippets of code! What I typically like to do is find out what the "target" code is (like .post-body img for the image of the blog post), and then customize it to my liking, whether that be changing the size, color, replacing it with a background image, etc. So this post is really helpful with that :) I wish that I could be as clear and easy-going with coding tutorials and tips as you are... I just get so uptight and freaked out about the trouble-shooting half of things, and always want to make sure that my readers know *exactly* what I'm talking about. I have it all in my head, it's just hard getting it out on the web in the right way :)

    Thanks for this post!

    -Charlotte
    boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are amazing Rachelle! I just wanted to say that your blog is the most awesomely amazing blog I've ever seen. Not just the design but even your lovely writing and photos are so awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much! That'll definitely be handy for the future xx Your blog is stunning! :)

    teenfolk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was very helpful for my http://introducing-inspiration.blogspot.com/ blog! I think the best thing it improved was having that line between the widgets. Such a small thing can make such a big difference! I do have one question that I couldn't find an answer to even after searching it, though. How do you remove your name on the sidebar where it has information about you? I noticed you don't have yours there, except where you typed it, but, so I thought you would be able to tell me how you did that. Either way, thx!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was very helpful, thank you! I found your blog through the first CSS posting you did. I so appreciate the clear language and reference pictures you used!

    Question: How did you get your Instagram photos to continuously roll in your side bar? That looks fantastic!

    Thank you kindly!

    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. I check back on this a lot, and I even put it in my favorites. :3
    Thank you Rachelle!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much!
    My blog is improving so much!
    www.x-crossmyheart-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really nice information, thanks for sharing that to me.

    Latest Website Trends

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear here if it is approved. Thanks!