May 10, 2013

Picture Frame Chalkboard


With Mother's Day this weekend, I thought that this picture frame chalkboard would be a perfect gift for moms. It can be used in the kitchen for a menu or chore list, in a bedroom for to-do lists, drawings, reminders, quotes, Bible verses, and anything else that you wish to put on it. It is so simple and so cute! I wouldn't blame you if you just made one for yourself. ;)

So let's get this party started...


You will need a spray paint color for the frame, chalkboard spray paint, and a picture frame (I got mine from Goodwill).

And then you paint the frame with your first color and the glass from the picture frame with your chalkboard color. Here are some helpful tips to ensure that your project doesn't end up badly:
  1. While painting, lay the frame/glass over newspapers or a rag.
  2. Paint the frame and the glass separately (don't have them near each other while painting) to avoid accidentally getting the wrong paint color on one of them.
  3. Don't paint on a windy day! The paint will drift all over.
  4. Paint in the shade, if you can. Unless it is cold or wet.
  5. Wait for the chalkboard to dry before you draw on it!
To erase your chalk creations off of the board, you can use a chalkboard eraser or just an old rag.

My 16 year old brother (Isaiah) drew this amazing picture on one of our chalkboards. He is so artistic!

If you try this out, I'd love it if you emailed me a picture of it or posted it to Instagram with the hashtag #bbchalkboardcreations.

Are you doing anything special for your mom for Mother's Day?

xoxo
Rachelle

10 comments:

  1. That is so cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! I actually just painted a door in our kitchen with chalkboard paint. My mom has been wanting to paint it, so that was a little gift from me:) -Katy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katy! That is sooo neat! I really want to do that...I also think that it would be fun to have a whole chalkboard wall, but then again, I'm not so sure how I'd feel about having a black wall...it would have to depend on the lighting in the room. :)

      Delete
    2. Agreed...I'm thinking of doing a tiny piece of wall space in my room, half chalkboard half billboard. So, we'll see:)
      ~Katy

      Delete
  3. Your blog is really so nice! Your pictures are lovely and I love your posts! Keep up the amazing work <3 Alex
    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet, Alex! Thank you so much for making me smile with your lovely comments. :) Your blog is a huge inspiration for me and I love it so much!

      Delete
  4. ...chalkboard spray paint exists?! Wow. Can you tell that I'm homeschooled? ;)
    Honestly, that's a super cute and fun idea. I'll have to try it, now that I know that chalkboard paint exists. :)

    ~Mo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know, when I first discovered it I was so amazed! Imagine the possibilities... :) It's ok, I'm homeschooled too. ;)

      Delete
  5. This is really cool!! (I am homschooled too!! :D )

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear here if it is approved. Thanks!