May 14, 2013

True Beauty


Holly Starr, an inspiring and amazing Christian singer just released her new music video for her song, "Through My Father's Eyes" and I just love it! It has a great message and she did a really great job. I thought it would be wonderful to do a little devotional inspired by her song, so I hope that this post and her video really encourage you. :)

In this world, it seems like one of the most important things is beauty. But there are few people who actually have true beauty. Most people think of makeup, clothes, hair, natural beauty, being the perfect weight, and other things when they think of beauty, but none of those things will last. They will all come to an end and go out of style. And none of them are as important as true beauty.

True beauty isn't on the outside. It is in your heart, your mind, and your soul. It is your attitude, decisions, thoughts, actions, and many other things that are far more important than the material things that people use to define beauty.

In 1 Samuel 16:7, God says,  
"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

You can be beautiful on the inside by being kind to others, spending time with God, witnessing to and serving other people, loving your enemies, and as well as many other things, following God's Word. And smiling couldn't hurt. ;)

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." - C.S. Lewis

And I am by no means saying that it is wrong to try to look beautiful on the outside, as long as you don't become obsessive over doing just that and make outer beauty into some sort of idol.
I hope that you found this encouraging!
xoxo
Rachelle

17 comments:

  1. Very encouraging! Thank you for posting this!
    xoxo Dahlia
    my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that you found this encouraging, Dahlia!

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness- what a beautiful post!! I have been listening to her song since she released it and I truly love it!! :) Thanks for posting this Rachelle!!! You have such a beautiful blog here and I loved the photo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Britt! I really, really appreciate your comment. :)

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful reminder of God's character and how true His love is for each of us!

    I ask God many times to help me see myself and others as He does. Because God doesn't judge the way we do. God forgives, God encourages, God inspires. Everything He is creates beauty and peace and hope.

    How many people need to hear the message that they are so much more than what is on the outside? How many people need to know that their lives matter even if no one else cares?

    Thank you for sharing what God has laid on your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your heartfelt comment! It is so encouraging and I really love all that you said! :)

      Delete
  4. What a lovely post; this really made my day. :)

    Your posts get me through the grayest of days.

    ~Mo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so true, Rachelle. Thanks for posting this. It's encouraging to see that you're becoming a godly young lady (inside and out). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you, Naomi! So are you. I can't wait to see you... only 151 days! And by the time you read this, it will be 150!

      Delete
  6. Great post Rachelle!! God is so faithful to guide us and heal us from ourselves as we continue to include Him in ALL our issues and BELIEVE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello :) just stumbled upon your blog and I love it great post btw It's very true definitely great message for every young lady God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's really lovely to see such passion for God in someone so young, I pray that you continue to grow and love Jesus.

    p.s your blog is absolutely lovely!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely LOVE your blog!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katie! I really appreciate all of the comments that you left for me. :)

      Delete
  10. you are very welcome! :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear here if it is approved. Thanks!