May 26, 2013

Deception Pass

I am thrilled to be doing my first post in my new "adventures" category. Please let me know if you'd like to see more of my adventures. :)

Yesterday my family and I went to a place called Deception Pass. We went to a couple different beaches, and my dad, Levi, and I walked across the suuuuper tall bridge.


The first time that we went out on the bridge, we only went about a quarter of the way out. The current was very strong and a lot of the water was alternating directions, so we had lots of fun spotting mini whirlpools! I also saw a seal, and apparently sometimes you can see orca whales and porpoises there.
 

This is the first beach that we went to. There were so many big rocks and a fun hill to climb on. We played a game where we first throw a piece of driftwood into the water, then throw rocks at it like it is a ship and the rocks are bombs. :) It is a lot of fun!


There was a Canadian goose at the beach that stood in the same spot for 15 or 20 minutes.


This is the hill/cliff that we climbed on. Isaiah climbed up a lot higher than I was in this picture. It was so much fun, except it was a bit difficult to get down. ;)

 We were very entertained by walking and balancing on driftwood and jumping from one piece to another.


This is Levi and me on the bridge. It was so high up, and quite scary. Actually, the scenarios that popped into my head were a lot scarier than the reality. ;)




Then we drove to another beach to watch the absolutely beautiful sunset. This beach had a lot of driftwood and there were even a few driftwood forts.




We all ran up a trail to catch the last bit of the sunset up on a hill. It was so amazing.


And then the sun set, and we drove home and went to bed at 1:00 AM. It was a spectacular day. :)

Did you do anything fun over the weekend?
I hope you enjoyed my first adventure post. Have a lovely Memorial Day!

xoxo
Rachelle


20 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Wow, that looked so fun!!! I really want you to carry on this series :)

    Loving your blog.

    Florence xoxo

    www.beyondimagination12.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Florence! It was fun and I am looking forward to doing more adventure posts. :)

      Delete
  2. I'd love to see more adventures :) Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE yor adventure post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- that looks SO amazing! Love adventure posts- keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will definitely be doing more. :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful pics! Yes, more adventure posts would be awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bethany! I am looking forward to doing many more. :)

      Delete
  6. You take gorgeous shots!! I really like your last photo.
    Sounds like you had lots of fun!!
    //E

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, looks like you had a lot of fun! I really love the photos, they're beautiful!

    I saw your blog for the first time today, and I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep 'em coming! I loved reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! The scenery is beautiful! Isn't God great?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow your blog is absolutely gorgeous :) Your writing is beautiful, and so is your photos. following you on bloglovin, come follow my blog too :)
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4247273

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenna! You are so sweet. :) I am following your blog on bloglovin.

      Delete
  11. What a beautiful view! This photograghy is really stunning.
    I love the shot with the drift wood.
    You have a very nice blog.
    Beth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! Those are stunning photos :)
    You would NOT believe that you're only twelve from how you write and how your blog looks! Kudos to you! :) Following your blog!

    Rebecca Gregoire

    http://lifeasadare.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca,
      Thank you very much! That really means a lot to me and I love getting comments like that. :) Have a lovely day!

      Delete

Your comment will appear here if it is approved. Thanks!