July 2, 2013

Camping in Sequim

Last weekend my family went on our first family camping trip with all five of us. We left around noon on Friday, and got home at about 11:00 pm on Sunday. We went to a campsite in Sequim, Washington, and it was a fantastic experience! The last time I went camping there, I was only three years old.

My dad isn't crazy about camping because he doesn't sleep very well, but I love it. Although, next time I will definitely do some things differently. For example, I only brought one pair of shorts for pajama bottoms, and I was freezing cold (I slept with a hoodie on and wore the hood), so next time I will most definitely bring some long pajama pants. Also, we only brought two flashlights and most of the time we just used our iPhones/iPods for light. #firstworldcampers

 
On the first day, we drove to Seattle and then took a ferry to Bainbridge Island. After that, we drove for about three hours until we reached our destination. It was difficult to find an unoccupied campsite that would fit our big tent, but we eventually found the perfect one.


Isaiah and I were always the first ones to wake up, so on the first morning, we both walked on a trail on a cliff with a view of the Olympic mountains, the beach below, and across the water; Canada. My dad woke up later and brought Levi with him and caught up to us on the trail.


When Isaiah and I first got there, it was so foggy that we couldn't see the water, but it slowly lifted, revealing the Strait of Juan de Fuca, and the skyline of Canada.

#twinning


We played on the campsite playground for a long time. They had a very tall slide that we all enjoyed, and a swing set as well.

I just love my brothers. They never fail to entertain me. :)

After we packed up and left our campsite (and drove back to unpack our tent again because my dad accidentally left his wallet inside of it), we drove up to Hurricane Ridge. It was so high up, and so beautiful! But I must admit, both car rides (going up and going down) were extremely frightening. Levi held my hand almost the whole way, and thankfully, we survived! :)



For our first family camping trip with all five of us, I'd say it went pretty well. We definitely want to go back again, though, because we didn't get to do as much as we wanted to.

I am so thankful that God has blessed us with such a beautiful world to adventure in! And to photograph, of course. ;) 

P.S. Thank you for all of the questions for my Q&A video! I can't wait to answer them.

xoxo
Rachelle


15 comments:

  1. That looks like A lot of fun!!
    it looks super pretty to!

    Cia!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOUR HEADER!!! So adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenna! I just drew the bicycle yesterday and I decided to use it for a new header. :)

      Delete
  3. The scenery is amazing! I love the picture with the deer. :) (Plus your new header is absolutely awesome!) Can't wait to see you; only about 3 1/2 months left. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Naomi! I can't wait to see you too...only 103 days, to be exact! :D

      Delete
  4. Hey Rachelle,
    That looks like so much fun! The scenery and stuff is gorgeous, and the s'more your brother is holding also looks very good. Makes me look forward to all our camping trips this summer!
    BTW, I love your new design! Too cute.
    xo. Flora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Flora,
      It was a lot of fun! And the s'mores were delicious. ;)
      I hope that you enjoy your camping trips!
      Thank you! <3

      Delete
  5. The new header is awesome! This blog post had so many awesome pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mina! Haha there were a LOT of photos...sorry, I just can't help myself! ;)

      Delete
  6. Your blog is so cute! Lovely photos :) Newest follower!
    - Becky xox

    P.s I blog to at www.adaintyfawn.blogspot.co.uk :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becky! I will definitely visit your blog. :)

      Delete
  7. I love that you guys go on adventures all of the time- that's the kind of life I want to live, always exploring somewhere new! Stunning pictures! Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We have been adventuring quite a bit this summer, but during the school year we usually don't. I think that we will now, though, because we love it! :)

      Delete
  8. Wow, your photos are really amazing!
    It makes me dream... :)

    x Mélanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your bun is so perfect! I couldn't stop staring at it haha ;)

    Every Day In Grace

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear here if it is approved. Thanks!