July 23, 2013

Vashon Island

Two weekends ago I went to Vashon Island with my family. It's a small island that my family loves visiting because of the lighthouse where my grandpa used to be the lighthouse keeper, and it is also where my dad was born.

Where my dad works, they recently bought a few Black Magic cameras...if you aren't familiar with them, they are very high end video cameras. People that work there are allowed to take the cameras home for a few days and film with it, so my dad filmed a lot on this adventure. Here is a little clip of me while we wait for the ferry (watch in 1080p for best quality).



 After a lot of driving and a ferry ride, we stopped at a little island store to pick up some snacks and a few souvenirs (I got a sweatshirt and a t-shirt). 

For my snack, I tried Hubert's lemonade for the first time. I have heard people raving about it, and now I understand why! It is so delicious. I bought it in the flavor 'strawberry lemonade', which was super sweet and refreshing. And the packaging is adorable! I still haven't gotten rid of the bottle...I think I might have to do a DIY with it. :)








My dad was born in the house on the right, which is now being used as a vacation home. My family and relatives sometimes rent it and stay there for a week, which is always very fun! One year we stayed there on the fourth of July, and the view of the fireworks was spectacular!

Inside my Hubert's lemonade bottle. :)


We have been riding the ferry quite a bit lately, if you haven't already guessed that from all of my adventure posts! I think that it is very fun, and I always find new exciting things on the ferry.


Peace out! :)

xo Rachelle


P.S. I hope that you all don't mind that I have been posting almost nothing but adventure posts...I'm trying to get back in the swing of things and I hope to get more of a variety of posts up soon.
That includes my Q&A video!

12 comments:

  1. I love your adventure posts! Keep them going!
    -Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! The video looks amazing. And I'm so glad you got to try that lemonade! Strawberry is my favorite out of the ones I have tried :-) Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alex! Yes, I got strawberry because I thought that you said it was your favorite on your blog, so thank you for recommending it! :)

      Delete
  3. That looks like so much fun! But you shouldn't have gotten so close to that crack in the wall...... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful! 'Specially the second-to-last one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome photos!! I really love the photos of the lemonade bottle. The second photo through it was so unique!! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely!! All of your photography is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just discovered your blog and I love it!! The design is beautiful and your brilliant at photography. Could you please check out my new blog Painting The Ocean, at jessiemaisie.blogspot.co.uk Thanks for reading this comment xox keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember going to Vashon Island a lot. :) That was always fun! Cool post and awesome pictures. :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear here if it is approved. Thanks!