November 23, 2013

Update


Thank you all for being so patient and sticking with me while I took a little break from my blog without giving notice! I got very busy and caught up in life. I had to get things organized and get back on track with school, worry about packing and getting my house ready to move, play rehearsals, and quite a bit more. I've finally got things under control, and I am so excited to be blogging again! 

One of the main reasons I took a break was that our DLSR camera broke, so I didn't have good quality photos to blog. But yesterday, a mysterious package arrived in the mail, and we were so thrilled to find a beautiful Canon Rebel t3i inside! My dad secretly ordered it online without telling us, after months of needing a new camera. Our family just can't live without one. :) And our new camera also films video, so we have been having great fun testing that out!

 While I was gone, my family made the decision to wait a little while to move, so things have calmed down a bit around my house. 
I also have been rehearsing for a play that I am in, "Twas the Night Before Christmas". I am having so much fun, and I just love theater! It really helps me be more outgoing, since I am usually a tad shy.
Next Tuesday we get to try on our costumes for the first time and I am really eager to see what mine will be! All I know is that all of the girls will be wearing long dresses and bonnets, because it takes place in the 1800s. I might post some pictures or maybe even a video after the play is over...what do you think?

I was just wondering...do I have any nerdy (in a good way) followers who are completely thrilled yet overwhelmed about the excitement of "Catching Fire" and "The Day of the Doctor", all in one week! Sigh, it is just too much! I am going to see "The Day of the Doctor" in theaters with some friends on Monday, and I'm hoping to see "Catching Fire" soon. I am way too excited!

My mom and I took these photos on a walk today, and despite the chilly temperature and the now colorless leaves, I'd say it was the perfect Autumn day. The sun was shining and there was much frost. I just can't wait until Winter comes! It really is the best time of the year, in my opinion.

Anyway, I hope that this little update post makes up for the month and a half that I was absent. I have so much planned, so please stay tuned! Now that I have a video camera, I plan on filming some videos to share with all of you, and I am also working on redoing my room, so hopefully I can get some room tour photos up once I've finished, or maybe even a video! And there will be many DIYs, fashion posts, and more, coming your way!

I also managed to update my blog design last month, and I'm really loving it. If you have any ideas or tips for me, I am very open to your advice!
How have you all been? 

Have a lovely day!
xoxo Rachelle


10 comments:

  1. You are so pretty Rachelle! I have just been to see Catching Fire and it was the.best.movie.ever! I cannot get over how good it was! Hope you get to see it soon and I can't wait for all the lovely posts you will be doing now!
    Chloe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Chloe! I recently went to see Catching Fire (twice!) and I completely agree with you, it was amazing! I can't wait either. We actually decided to exchange the t3i for a t4i and it is having some shipping issues, but as soon as it arrives I will start posting a lot!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you're back! I have to agree with Chloe. :) Catching Fire was amazing. Probably the best movie I've seen this year. You have to see it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to the midnight screening of Catching Fire and it was amazing! Seriously...drop everything and go and see it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loved Catching Fire! but.... I still think The Hunger Games is better. Happy to see you are back blogging again i've missed your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bridie! I just went to see Catching Fire yesterday and I loved it, as well! It was so so good!

      Delete
  5. Yay you're back! I still haven't gotten used to your new blog design, although I very much love it! Good luck on your upcoming play, and yes, we do want some footage of your rad theatrical skills! Looking forward to your room post as well.

    http://xndrexpanaligan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Andrea! I will see if I can get some video or photos from my play for all of you. And I can hardly wait to share my bedroom!

      Delete
  6. Hey Rachelle!
    How's everything! I was just wondering, WHO WON THE GIVE AWAY?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!??!?! :D Just wondering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren (her blog is The Emerald Dove) won my giveaway. :) Thanks for asking!

      Delete

Your comment will appear here if it is approved. Thanks!