August 26, 2013

The Meaning of Faith


Faith isn't something you can see. And a lot of times the object that you have faith in isn't visible, either. I put my faith in God. I can't see Him, but I have confidence and assurance that he is real and working in wonderful ways in this world, because I can see the effects that He has on this world and how he is working in people's lives. And that's not the only reason that I have faith in Him...just looking at His beautiful Creation strengthens my faith, how could this amazing, complex world (and universe) have been an accident? You can't just throw a bunch of ingredients together in the oven and expect a delicious cake to come out! :)

 Sure, you can put your faith in money, people, and other things of this world, but you can easily lose any of those, and there are many things that could go wrong. But not with God. When you put your faith in God, he will never let you down! He said himself: "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5). People can say that, but it's not true when they say it. Someday they will pass away. Never will I leave you? And what if they go find a new friend instead of you? What happened to 'never will I forsake you'? The definition of forsake is 'to abandon someone or something'. When you have given your heart to God, he will never ever forsake you! That is a promise that only He can keep, and keep He will! For all of eternity!

"Don't put your faith in something you may lose." - C.S. Lewis

And, yes, bad things do happen. Those are the times when you must be strongest in your faith and have confidence in God. The Bible says that "all things work together for the good of those who love God." (Romans 8:28). Not just a few bad things, all things.  Even if you never know what good came out of your trial, know that God did (or will) bring good out of it.

And if your going through any hard things in your life, just know that if you stay strong in your faith, God will bring good out of it, and you will develop perseverance. "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance." (James 1:2-3)

Okay...I hope I didn't sound to "preachy"! ;) I was also kind of preaching to myself, because I get discouraged, too, and need to remember that God is faithful and loving through the thick and thin of life. I hope that this encouraged you! 

xo Rachelle

p.s. Please feel free to leave any prayer requests that you might have in the comments (or email them to me), and I will be happy to pray for you.

- if you would like to know more about God and how you can ask Him into your heart, I would be honored to assist you. Just email me at belovedbluebird@gmail.com -

5 comments:

  1. Amen! This is so beautiful.

    http://ciaoysabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so encouraging, Rachelle! Maybe you could do a post like that on LP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I'll try to whip one up in the near (nearest as possible!) future! :)

      Delete

Your comment will appear here if it is approved. Thanks!